The land for the chapel and theAshram at Kavalam were donated to us by late Mr. Joseph Murikummood. The chapel was blessed on 14 October 1956 and the friary was blessed on 21 December 1957. Br. Leo, who was a great friend of Mr. Joseph, was instrumental in the starting of this Ashram. The permission to accept this house and to have a foundation in Changnacherry Archdiocese was given to us by His Grace Mar Mathew Kavukatt. Kavalam is located in the backwaters of Alappuzha, Kerala. Since it is re- claimed land it is susceptible to gradual sinking. Due to the nature of the soil, and surrounded by water, heavy buildings sink down at the rate of 19 mm per annum. Our Church and Ashram have gradually sunk ca. 650 mm from its original level, so that the floor of the Ashram and Church were on the ground level. The renovation of the church and Ashram by raising the floor level was done by Br. Kuriakose Kannankara. Mar Joseph Powathil, Archbishop of Changanacherry, blessed Church and Ashram on Oct. 2, 1999.
Br. Kuriakose Kannamkara – Guardian & Procurator
Br. Paul Chirapurath – Vicar
Br. Jomon Assamparambil –
Br. Sojan Peekunnel