ST. JUDE ASHRAM, MUKHATHALA (1963 - Mavelikkara Diocese)
This is the first Ashram to be established under the jurisdiction of a Bishop of the Syro - Malankara sui juris church. The Ashram and all the other activities connected with it are the fruit of the hard and dedicated work of Br. Cuthbert. The Mukhathala mission for re-union movement was begun on 22August, 1955.The parish church dedicated to St. George was completed and blessed in 1955. The foundation stone of the Ashram was blessed by Most Rev. Br.Clement of Milwaukee, Minister General on 20 February 1962 and the main part of the Ashram was completed and blessed on 20 May 1963. The beautiful shrine of St. Jude was built by Br. Cuthbert and was blessed by Mar. Gregorios,Archbishop of Thiruvananthapuram on 09April 1970. Later, the parish church dedicated to St. George was demolished and the shrine of St. Jude was allowed to be used as the parish church.
The St. Jude High School was founded under the leadership of Br. Cuthbert on 28 May 1965. The Higher Secondary School was founded under the leadership of Br. Mathew Thazhathuveettil on 23 July 2002. The St. Jude Central School (CBSE) was founded by Br. Mathew Thzhatuveettil up to 09th standard in the academic year 2004-’05 and later Br. Kuriakose Pathinanchil became the principal.There are 18 staff members and 698 students in the LKG- UKG section. In the LP section, there are 24 staff members and 683 students. The High School (Kerala Syllabus) has a strength of 68 staff mem- bers and 1991 students and the CBSE school has a strength of 51 staff mem- bers and 1406 students.
Br. James Vazhacharickal – Guardian & Manager of Schools
Br. George Puthenpurackal – Vicar & Principal, St. Jude HSS
Br. Varghese Seraphine – Principal, Kindergarten and L.P. School
Br. Mathew Puthoor – Bursar of Schools
Br. Mathew Karippal – Rector of St. Jude Shrine
Br. Jisho Chempananical – Procurator & Principal, St. Jude Central School