Assisi Ashram is the first house to be established under the jurisdiction of the Syro-Malabar sui juris Church. The initiative to start the house came from the people. But the house owes its origin to the efforts of Br. Ignatius Pettakkat. His Excellency Mar Sebastian Vayalil, Bishop of Palai, gave his kind permis- sion to start the foundation. The present site of the Ashram was part of what is known as ‘Meenkuzhy’ property, belonging to Kuruvinakunnel (Kolapath) family. This property had been donated to the Clarist sisters of Bharananganam and was in their possession. Rev. Fr. Francis Thudippara (popularly known as Fr. Vadakel) was managing it for them. Hence, when the site was donated to us, it was done with the joint consent of these three parties, namely, Mr. Thomas Joseph Kuruvinakkunnel, Rev. Mother Mary Ursula, the Superior of the Clarist convent and Fr. Francis Thudippara, and thus we are equally indebted to all of them. Besides the land, it may be noted, Mr.Thomas Joseph Kuruvinakunnel also contributed a substantial sum towards the building of the friary. Br. Berchmans, who was put in charge of building, arrived at Bharananganam in October 1952. The foundation stone was laid on 01 November 1952. After few months Br. Samuel came to his help. Shortly afterwards, Br.Alphonse too joined the fraternity and all of them worked hard to complete the main portion of the friary by June 1954. Although the foundation stone of the Chapel was laid by Mar Sebastian Vayalil on 01 March, 1953, it was completed and blessed only on 21 June 1963. Br. Alphonse, who remained for 17 years at Bharananganam, worked hard for the development of the Assisi Ashram and the Seraphic Seminary.    
Br. Mathew Mulangacherryil - Guardian Br. Jomon Assamparambil - Vicar Br. Mathew Parinthirickal Br. Mathew Thazhathuveettil Br. Kanthinath Ampattukuzhy Br. Jacob Chamakalayil Br. Georgekutty Uppupuram Br. Antony Kalathil Rector, Seraphic Seminary Br. Isidore Valummel - Asst. Director, Assisi Renewal Centre Br. Antony Vechoor - Director of SFO, Palai Diocese Br. Antony Kattupara - In-charge of Provincial Infirmary Br. Siby Paradiyil - In-charge of Assisi Arcade Br. Santhosh Peacevilla - Asst. Director, Assisi Renewal Centre Br. Sarish Thodamkuzhiyil - Director, Assisi Renewal Centre Br. Martin Mannath - In-Charge of Assisi Press Br. Jeby Muckachirayil - Director of Assisi Institute of Foreign Languages Br. Prince Karottuchirackal - Managing Editor & Chief Editor of Assisi Magazine Br. Nishad Alakkalathil - Vice-Rector strong>Br. Arun Elavumkal - Staff -Seraphic Seminary Br. Jose Eanthanal - Procurator &
Infirmary Br. Cyriac Pananthanam Br. Julius Poomaram Br. Thomas Manthara Br. Mathew Ullat Br. Mathew Kudackanal Bharananganam P.O., Kottayam, Kerala - 686 578 Tel: 04822-236242,237418 (Ashram) 04822 -236148 (Seraphic Seminary) 04822-236386,238335 (Renewal Centre) 04822-236487 (Assisi Magazine) 04822-237474 (Seraphic Press & Jeevan Books)